Garlic Shrimp With Paprika Toast
1 loaf Bakery Cuban (or crusty) bread, sliced
6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/4 cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
1/2 cup roasted red peppers, coarsely chopped
Zest/juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika, divided
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 lb large peeled/deveined shrimp, tails removed
3 teaspoons capers
1/4 cup dry sherry (or cooking) wine
- Cut eight 1/2-inch-thick slices from the bread.
- Chop garlic, parsley, and roasted red peppers.
- Zest/grate lemon peel (no white; 1 teaspoon); squeeze lemon for juice (2 tablespoons).
- Place in large sauté pan on medium heat: butter, 2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, and 1 teaspoon garlic; cook 1 minute, whisking until well blended.
- Add bread slices to pan; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden and crispy. Remove bread from pan; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon parsley. (Repeat from beginning of step 1, if needed, for larger bread slices.)
- Place in same pan: remaining 3 tablespoons oil and 2 teaspoons garlic; cook and stir 1 minute or until golden. Stir in pepper flakes and shrimp; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink and opaque.
- Stir in remaining 1 teaspoon paprika, roasted red peppers, and capers; cook and stir 30 seconds or until blended. Add sherry; cook 1-2 minutes or until liquid reduces by about one-half.
- Stir in remaining 3 tablespoons parsley, lemon juice, and zest. Serve shrimp mixture over toast.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 480kcal; FAT 28g; CHOL 195mg; SODIUM 1180mg; CARB 28g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 25g; VIT A 45%; VIT C 60%; CALC 10%; IRON 8%
1/4 bunch Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1 can cannellini beans (15-16 oz), drained and rinsed
1/4 cup Champagne salad dressing
- Chop parsley and halve tomatoes.
- Place all ingredients in salad bowl; toss to coat. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 110kcal; FAT 4g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 310mg; CARB 14g; FIBER 4g; PROTEIN 5g; VIT A 15%; VIT C 15%; CALC 4%; IRON 8%
- Complete your meal with manchego cheese slices, olives, and a decadent cake for dessert.
- For additional Spanish flavor in the shrimp, add 1/2 cup chopped chorizo in step 3.
Recipe Version seaf0172