Southern-Style Crab Cakes With Cool Lime Sauce
1/4 cup light sour cream
1 cup light mayonnaise, divided
2 tablespoons country-style Dijon mustard, divided
juice of 1 lime, divided
1/4 cup green onions, coarsley chopped
1 (.7-oz) packet zesty Italian dressing mix
26 round buttery crackers, divided
2 (8-oz) cups lump crabmeat
- Prepare sauce by combining sour cream, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon mustard, and juice of one-half lime. Chill until ready to serve.
- Chop onions; place in large bowl.
- Squeeze juice of remaining one-half lime over green onions. Stir in dressing mix and remaining each 1/2 cup mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon mustard.
- Crush thirteen crackers while adding to mayonnaise mixture. Add crabmeat and mix well. Shape into eight 3/4-inch thick patties (wash hands).
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Crush remaining thirteen crackers onto plate. Remove pan from heat and coat with cooking spray. Lightly coat patties with crackers, then place in pan; cook 12–15 minutes, turning once, or until golden and thoroughly heated. Serve crab cakes with sauce.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 690kcal; FAT 53g; CHOL 160mg; SODIUM 1630mg; CARB 19g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 29g; VIT A 4%; VIT C 15%; CALC 20%; IRON 10%
1 lb asparagus
1 teaspoon water
2 teaspoons country-style Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons light sour cream
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
Cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces, removing tough root end; place in microwave-safe bowl.
- Add water and cover; microwave on HIGH 5 minutes, stirring once.
- Drain asparagus and return to bowl; stir in mustard, sour cream, and seasoned salt. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 20kcal; FAT 0g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 260mg; CARB 3g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 1g; VIT A 10%; VIT C 8%; CALC 2%; IRON 2%
- Complete your meal with potatoes, a crusty baguette, and pineapple upside-down cake for dessert.
- If you choose to use canned crabmeat, soak it in ice water 10 minutes, then drain/pat dry. This will help the crabmeat taste fresher.
Recipe Version R-09/11-0060