Italian Chicken Rollatini
4 oz Deli fresh mozzarella cheese (ball)
4 thin slices Deli prosciutto (2 1/3 oz)
4 chicken cutlets (about 1 lb)
4 teaspoons garlic Parmesan sandwich spread
4 whole fresh basil leaves + 1/4 cup basil, coarsely chopped
8 sun-dried tomato halves
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 (24-oz) jar specialty marinara (or pasta) sauce
- Cut cheese ball in half, then cut one-half evenly into four thick slices (reserve other half of cheese ball for another use). Place 4 slices of prosciutto on work surface; top each with chicken. Spread 1 teaspoon garlic spread on each cutlet; top with 1 basil leaf, 2 tomato halves, and 1 cheese slice. Roll chicken tightly around filling (sealing completely). Use a toothpick to secure the seam (to help prevent cheese from leaking out). Wash hands.
- Preheat large nonstick sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add chicken with the seam side down; cook 2-4 minutes, turning occasionally, or until browned on all sides.
- Reduce heat to low. Pour pasta sauce over chicken and cover; simmer 10-12 minutes, turning chicken occasionally, or until chicken is 165°F. Chop 1/4 cup basil; stir into sauce. Slice chicken and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 410kcal; FAT 24g; CHOL 95mg; SODIUM 1090mg; CARB 13g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 34g; VIT A 35%; VIT C 80%; CALC 10%; IRON 10%
Caesar Olive Polenta
4 cups unsalted chicken broth (or water)
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
1 cup cornmeal
1/3 cup light Caesar dressing
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Bring broth to a boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Chop olives and basil.
- Whisk cornmeal gradually into broth. Reduce heat to low; simmer and stir 5-6 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in remaining ingredients. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 220kcal; FAT 8g; CHOL 15mg; SODIUM 540mg; CARB 28g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 9g; VIT A 4%; VIT C 0%; CALC 6%; IRON 10%
- Complete your meal with fresh salad blend, garlic bread, and cannoli for dessert.
- Polenta is an Italian dish, similar to grits, made out of coarsely ground corn. Using chicken broth in the polenta adds a rich, traditional flavor.
Recipe Version poul0159