1/4 cup roasted red peppers
6 slices smoked bacon
1 lb boneless chicken tenders
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 cup pre-sliced green onions, divided
8 oz fettuccine pasta
1 (15-oz) jar Alfredo sauce
- Bring water to a boil for pasta.
- Coarsely chop red peppers.
- Cut bacon into bite-size pieces.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch chunks (wash hands); sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place bacon and 2 tablespoons green onions in pan; cook and stir 4–5 minutes or until bacon begins to brown.
- Cook pasta following package instructions. Add chicken to bacon; cook and stir 4–5 minutes or until 165°F.
- Reduce heat (on chicken) to low. Stir in Alfredo sauce, red peppers, and 2 tablespoons green onions; cover and cook 4–5 minutes or until heated. Drain pasta; stir into chicken. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 730kcal; FAT 40g; CHOL 150mg; SODIUM 1250mg; CARB 50g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 38g; VIT A 20%; VIT C 20%; CALC 10%; IRON 15%
Spinach Raspberry Salad
1 bag fresh spinach leaves (9–10 oz)
1 (11-oz) can mandarin oranges (about 1 cup), drained
1/2 cup grape tomatoes
1/4 cup walnut pieces
1/4 cup light raspberry vinaigrette
- Place all ingredients (except dressing) in salad bowl.
- Add dressing; toss and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 150kcal; FAT 8g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 120mg; CARB 20g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 3g; VIT A 140%; VIT C 60%; CALC 8%; IRON 15%
Utensils & Cookware
- large saucepan with lid
- large stock pot with lid
- salad bowl, colander
- tongs, cooking spoons
- meat thermometer
- knife and cutting board
- measuring utensils
- Complete your meal with Parmesan cheese (for pasta), garlic bread, and pecan pie.
- For a special occasion meal, substitute peeled/deveined shrimp for the chicken.
Recipe Version R-02/10-0007