Rib Roast With Gorgonzola Sauce
1 standing rib roast (4-5 lb)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon + 1/4 teaspoon steak seasoning, divided
1 (3-oz) package shallots, finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
1 cup white wine (or chicken stock)
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Season roast on all sides with 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon steak seasoning. Place roast on rack in roasting pan (wash hands). Place roast in oven; immediately reduce heat to 325°F. Bake 2-2 1/2 hours or until roast is 145°F (for medium rare) up to 170°F (well done). Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness. Transfer roast to cutting board; let stand 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- Slice shallots and chop parsley. Preheat large sauté pan on medium 2-3 minutes. Place remaining 1 tablespoon oil in pan, then add shallots; cook 1 minute to soften. Reduce heat to medium-low; add wine and cook until liquid is reduced by about two-thirds.
- Stir in cream and remaining 1/4 teaspoon steak seasoning; simmer 2-3 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken.
- Remove pan from heat; whisk in cheese until smooth. Stir parsley into sauce. Slice roast and serve with sauce.
CALORIES (per 1/8 recipe) 780kcal; FAT 64g; CHOL 185mg; SODIUM 490mg; CARB 4g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 39g; VIT A 15%; VIT C 6%; CALC 10%; IRON 20%
1 (24-oz) package refrigerated garlic mashed potatoes
4 large plum tomatoes, sliced
6 oz sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
1 cup refrigerated Italian cheese bread crumb mix
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spread potatoes evenly in 2-quart baking dish. Slice tomatoes and halve cheese slices; arrange tomato and cheese slices, alternating and overlapping layers (shingle), over top of potatoes.
- Combine breading mix; sprinkle over tomatoes. Bake 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are hot and topping has browned. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/8 recipe) 210kcal; FAT 11g; CHOL 30mg; SODIUM 600mg; CARB 18g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 11g; VIT A 15%; VIT C 8%; CALC 25%; IRON 6%
- Complete your meal with a vegetable blend, dinner rolls, and cherry pie for dessert.
- Don't forget to let the roast rest before slicing. Allowing the meat to reabsorb the juices is crucial to a moist and flavorful roast.
Recipe Version beef0100