1/2 cup praline pecans, coarsely chopped
1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup caramel squares, divided
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Chop pecans.
- Line 9-inch-square dish with paper.
- Place in medium saucepan on medium heat: milk and 1/2 cup caramels; cook and whisk 2-3 minutes or until melted and blended.
- Stir in chocolate morsels, vanilla, salt, and remaining 1/2 cup caramels; cook and stir 1-2 more minutes or until chocolate melts.
- Remove pan from heat; transfer mixture to serving dish and spread out evenly. Top with pecans; chill 30 minutes or until set. Cut into squares and serve.
minutes Total Time:
(Makes 16 servings.)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 (8-oz) frozen whipped topping, divided
1 1/2 cups toasted wheat berry flakes cereal
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 (15-oz) can pumpkin puree
1/2 cup low-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
3/4 cup caramel sauce (or syrup), divided
1/2 cup praline pecans
- Cut butter into small pieces; place in small bowl to soften.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Set whipped topping out to thaw.
- Add cereal and sugar to butter; mix until blended. Place mixture in thin layer on baking sheet; bake 4-5 minutes or until crispy. Set aside to cool.
- Combine pumpkin and yogurt until smooth; fold in 1 1/2 cups whipped topping.
- Place about 1/4 cup pumpkin mixture in each of six parfait glasses. Top with 1 tablespoon caramel sauce, 2 tablespoons cereal mixture; then repeat layers. Top each parfait with pecans and a dollop of remaining whipped topping. Serve.
25 minutes (Makes 6 servings.)
Skillet Apple Dumplings
4 squares premium dark (or milk) chocolate (1 1/2 oz)
1 large Granny Smith apple
1 stick unsalted butter (4 oz)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon apple pie spice
1 (8-oz) can reduced-fat crescent dough
3/4 cup lemon lime soda
- Cut chocolate into 8 even pieces. Peel apple; cut into 8 wedges.
- Place butter, sugar, vanilla, and apple pie spice in microwave-safe bowl; microwave on HIGH 1-1 1/2 minutes or until butter melts. Stir until blended.
- Unroll dough on work surface; separate at perforations. Starting at widest end of each roll, place 1 each apple wedge and chocolate square. Roll dough around filling.
- Preheat large nonstick sauté pan on medium-low 1-2 minutes. Place sugar mixture in pan; place dumplings in pan about 1/2-inch apart. Pour soda over dumplings and cover; simmer 10 minutes.
- Turn each dumpling over gently; cook 7-8 more minutes, uncovered, or until apples are tender when pierced with a fork. Let stand 5 minutes to cool (sauce will thicken). Serve.
15 minutes Total Time:
35 minutes (Makes 8 servings.)
- If you're going to be busy baking, plan to pick up a quick and easy meal or platter from the Publix Deli.
- Serve the Skillet Apple Dumplings with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Recipe Version dess0007