Creamy Barbecue Skillet Steaks
1/4 cup bacon onion salad dressing
2 tablespoons creamy horseradish sauce
2 teaspoons chipotle pepper sauce, divided
1 1/2 lb grilling steaks (ribeye, strip, or tenderloin)
2 teaspoons barbecue seasoning
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 cup crispy fried onions
- Combine dressing, horseradish sauce, and 1 teaspoon pepper sauce; remove one-half and reserve for serving.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium 2-3 minutes. Brush steaks with remaining 1 teaspoon pepper sauce; season with barbecue seasoning. Place oil in pan, then add steaks; cook 3 minutes without turning.
- Turn steaks over. Brush 3 tablespoons of the creamy sauce over steaks; cook 3 minutes. Turn steaks again; brush 3 tablespoons sauce over steak; cook 2-3 minutes or until steaks are 145°F (for medium-rare).
- Remove steaks from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Top steaks with reserved sauce and fried onions. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 510kcal; FAT 37g; CHOL 125mg; SODIUM 820mg; CARB 8g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 33g; VIT A 0%; VIT C 0%; CALC 2%; IRON 15%
Loaded Sweet Potato Biscuits
1 (12-oz) package frozen sweet potato biscuits
Nonstick aluminum foil
3 tablespoons chopped pecans
3 teaspoons cinnamon sugar, divided
3 tablespoons + 1/2 cup mini marshmallows, divided
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove biscuits from packaging; let stand 5 minutes to soften.
- Line baking sheet with foil; arrange all 6 biscuits on foil. Flatten each biscuit to about 1/4-inch-thick with the palm of your hand. (Dust your hand with flour to reduce stickiness.)
- Divide pecans, cinnamon sugar, and 3 tablespoons marshmallows evenly over 3 of the biscuits. Then top each with a second biscuit and crimp (or pinch) edges together tightly to seal. Bake 15-17 minutes or until browned.
- Place remaining 1/2 cup marshmallows and butter in microwave-safe dish; microwave on HIGH 30 seconds. Stir sauce until smooth; drizzle over biscuits. Cut each biscuit in half and serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 270kcal; FAT 17g; CHOL 15mg; SODIUM 150mg; CARB 29g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 4g; VIT A 120%; VIT C 2%; CALC 4%; IRON 4%
- Complete your meal with a fresh salad blend, prepared pasta salad, and Key lime pie for dessert.
- If you don't like sweet potatoes, the biscuit recipe is also wonderful made with frozen southern-style biscuits.
Recipe Version beef0097