Mediterranean Baked Chicken and Green Bean Sauté
4 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb, thawed)
Zest of 1 lemon
4 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
1/3 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
1 (10.75-oz) can reduced-fat, reduced-sodium condensed cream of celery soup
1/2 cup reduced-fat milk
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
1 (8-oz) package fresh French green beans
1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- Thaw chicken following package instructions (or in microwave).
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat 13- x 9-inch baking dish with spray.
- Zest/grate lemon peel (no white; 1 tablespoon).
- Cut bacon; place in large sauté pan (wash hands).
- Place bread crumbs in shallow bowl. Coat both sides of chicken and place in baking dish (wash hands). Bake 20 minutes or until chicken is 165°F.
- Cook bacon on medium until brown and crisp; drain on paper towels. Set pan off heat and remove all but 1 tablespoon bacon drippings.
- Combine soup, milk, and mustard until well blended. Pour over chicken; sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese melts and sauce is bubbly.
- Heat reserved bacon drippings and dressing on medium-high for 1-2 minutes or until hot. Add green beans; cook 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Chop olives and stir into beans with lemon zest. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 430kcal; FAT 20g; CHOL 200mg; SODIUM 1500mg; CARB 24g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 38g; VIT A 15%; VIT C 25%; CALC 25%; IRON 10%
- Complete your meal with rice, a crusty bread, and a layer cake for dessert.
- You can also serve the chicken over pasta. Or serve it over crusty bread slices to capture every bit of sauce.
Recipe Version poul0153