Date Night Chicken
8–10 pitted dates, coarsely chopped
2 shallots, thinly sliced
2 oz Deli goat cheese, crumbled
3 slices bacon
1 3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic/herb seasoning
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 cup white wine (or chicken broth)
- Chop dates (1 cup). Slice shallots.
- Crumble cheese.
- Cut bacon into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Season chicken with herb seasoning and pepper (wash hands). Place oil in pan, then add chicken; cook 2–3 minutes each side or until browned. Remove chicken from pan.
- Reduce heat to medium and add bacon; cook 3–4 minutes or until crisp. Add shallots and dates; cook 2 more minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Add wine and return chicken to pan. Reduce heat to low and cover; simmer 10–12 minutes or until chicken is 165°F.
- Remove chicken from pan and cut into slices. Spoon date mixture on top of chicken; top with cheese. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 580kcal; FAT 21g; CHOL 130mg; SODIUM 380mg; CARB 43g; FIBER 4g; PROTEIN 46g; VIT A 6%; VIT C 0%; CALC 8%; IRON 10%
2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
4 large plum tomatoes, halved
1/2 teaspoon garlic/herb seasoning
2 1/2 tablespoons Caesar dressing, divided
2 tablespoons Italian bread crumbs, divided
2 cups spinach blend salad greens
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat bottom of 9-inch-square baking dish with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Halve tomatoes lengthwise; remove seeds.
- Place tomatoes, cut side up, in baking dish; sprinkle with herb seasoning.
- Drizzle dressing over tomatoes; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon oil over top. Bake 12–15 minutes or until tomatoes or tender and topping has browned.
- Divide salad greens between four serving plates; top each salad with two tomato halves. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 130kcal; FAT 11g; CHOL 5mg; SODIUM 210mg; CARB 7g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 2g; VIT A 20%; VIT C 15%; CALC 2%; IRON 4%
- Complete your meal with Brussels sprouts, Cuban bread, and chocolate cake for dessert.
- The tomatoes can be assembled (unbaked) and placed on top of the salad greens for a refreshing summer salad.
Recipe Version 07/13-0152