Salmon Pasta Casserole
1 pound salmon fillet (ask for skin to be removed)
salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon butter
8 ounces ziti pasta (1/2 box)
1/4 cup sherry
one 16-ounce jar Alfredo sauce
1/4 cup processed cheese sauce
one 4-ounce can sliced mushrooms (drained)
one 8 1/2-ounce can peas (drained)
1/2 cup French fried onions
1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (reorder last two ingredients)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Fill large saucepan 1/2 full of water. Cover and bring to boil on high heat for pasta.
2. Meanwhile, trim any gray areas of salmon and cut into 1-inch chunks. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place butter in pan and swirl to coat. Add salmon; cover and cook 2–3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir pasta into boiling water. Boil 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Stir sherry, Alfredo sauce, cheese sauce and mushrooms into salmon; simmer 2 minutes.
6. Drain pasta well and return to saucepan. Stir in salmon mixture and peas. Coat 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon salmon mixture into dish and top with remaining ingredients. Bake 15 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 542kcal; FAT 29g; CHOL 102mg;
SODIUM 1079mg; CARB 42g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 26g;
VIT A 14%; VIT C 10%; CALC 14%; IRON 13%
4 cups gourmet salad greens
1/4 cup roasted red peppers (drained)
one 14 1/2-ounce can artichoke hearts (drained)
one 2 1/4-ounce can sliced black olives (drained)
1 tablespoon capers (drained)
2 tablespoons Caesar salad dressing
1. Place salad greens in salad bowl. Dice red peppers, using clean knife and cutting board.
2. Layer ingredients in center of salad in this order: artichokes, olives, red peppers and capers. Pour dressing over top of salad and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 76kcal; FAT 4g; CHOL 0mg;
SODIUM 403mg; CARB 7g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 2g;
VIT A 23%; VIT C 19%; CALC 5%; IRON 7%
Utensils & Cookware
- large saucepan with lid
- large sauté pan with lid
- 8-inch square baking dish
- salad bowl, tongs
- cooking spoons
- knife and cutting board
- measuring utensils
For added flavor, top with shaved Parmesan cheese.
Recipe Version seaf0014