Pork With Brie and Pecan Molasses
4 oz Deli brie cheese, sliced
3–4 shallots, coarsely chopped
4 oz watercress (or arugula) leaves
1 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Cut brie into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Chop shallots (1/3 cup).
- Remove stems from watercress; chop watercress leaves coarsely.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Season pork with salt and pepper. Place oil in pan, then add pork; cook 3–4 minutes, turning occasionally, or until golden.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cover; cook 10–12 minutes, turning occasionally, or until pork is 145°F. Remove pan from heat. Arrange cheese on pork and cover; let stand 5 minutes to melt.
- Combine in small saucepan: shallots, pecans, brown sugar, water, and molasses; bring to a boil on medium-high.
- Reduce heat to low; cook 5–7 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove pan from heat; whisk in butter. Place watercress on serving platter; slice pork and place on watercress. Top with sauce and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 710kcal; FAT 43g; CHOL 120mg; SODIUM 400mg; CARB 49g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 34g; VIT A 25%; VIT C 20%; CALC 20%; IRON 20%
Caramel Apple Pie
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
2 medium crisp, sweet apples
15 caramel squares, halved
1 frozen deep dish pie crust
1 (24-oz) jar chunky applesauce
1 (9-oz) package apple crisp bake mix
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut butter into small pieces; place in medium bowl to soften.
- Cut (dice) apples into 3/4-inch-square pieces. Cut caramels in half.
- Bake pie crust 10 minutes or until golden.
- Combine applesauce, apples, and caramels; transfer mixture to pie crust.
- Combine apple crisp mix with butter following package instructions; sprinkle over apple mixture. Bake 30–35 minutes or until golden and apples are tender. Serve. (Makes 8 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/8 recipe) 490kcal; FAT 21g; CHOL 20mg; SODIUM 200mg; CARB 73g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 3g; VIT A 6%; VIT C 50%; CALC 6%; IRON 10%
- Complete your meal with fresh salad blend, roasted potatoes, and whole wheat rolls.
- The butter for the pie recipe needs to be soft enough to work into the apple crisp mix.
Recipe Version 10/12-0083