Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken
2 cups fresh broccoli florets
1 cup fresh pre-sliced baby portabellas
1 (6-oz) packet refrigerated cheese bread crumb mix, divided
1 (15-oz) jar light Alfredo sauce, divided
1 1/4 lb boneless chicken cutlets
3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Chop broccoli and mushrooms into small bite-size pieces.
- Open bag of bread crumb mix and combine contents until blended.
- Combine broccoli, mushrooms, 1 cup bread crumb mix, and 1 cup Alfredo sauce. Spread remaining 3/4 cup Alfredo sauce in 2-quart baking dish.
- Coat both sides of chicken with mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. Place 1/3 cup broccoli mixture in center of each cutlet, roll chicken around stuffing, and place seam-side down into baking dish. Add remaining broccoli mixture around chicken.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup bread crumb mix over top of chicken. Bake 25–30 minutes or until chicken is 165°F. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 440kcal; FAT 23g; SAT FAT 12g; TRANS FAT 0g; CHOL 145mg; SODIUM 1420mg; CARB 22g; FIBER 1g; SUGARS 3g; PROTEIN 39g; VIT A 25%; VIT C 40%; CALC 35%; IRON 10%
Peach Cranberry Casserole
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
Juice/zest of 1 orange
5 firm peaches, sliced
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon apple pie spice
1/2 cup walnut pieces
2 cups corn bread stuffing
1 (14-oz) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Melt butter.
- Zest/grate orange peel (no white; 1 teaspoon); squeeze orange for juice (1/2 cup).
- Peel peaches (optional); cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (6 cups).
- Combine butter, sugar, orange zest, apple pie spice, nuts, and stuffing until blended.
- Whisk in medium bowl: cranberry sauce and orange juice until blended. Stir in peaches and 2 cups stuffing mixture. Place in 2-quart baking dish; top with remaining stuffing mixture.
- Bake 30–35 minutes or until peaches are tender and edges are bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes; serve warm. (Makes 8 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/8 recipe) 330kcal; FAT 15g; SAT FAT 6g; TRANS FAT 0g; CHOL 25mg; SODIUM 170mg; CARB 49g; FIBER 4g; SUGARS 29g; PROTEIN 4g; VIT A 15%; VIT C 25%; CALC 4%; IRON 6%
- Complete your meal with a fresh side salad, sourdough bread, and cheesecake for dessert.
- Cook 8 ounces of angel hair pasta and toss with any remaining sauce from the chicken to create a quick side dish.
Recipe Version poul0139