Greek-Style Baked Fish
Nonstick aluminum foil
2 tablespoons fresh mint, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh dill, coarsely chopped
4 firm fish fillets (snapper, mahi, or cod; 1 1/2 lb)
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line baking sheet with foil.
- Always check fish for bones. Place fish on baking sheet; season with salt and pepper (wash hands).
- Slice lemon into 8 very thin slices; squeeze remaining portion for juice (1 teaspoon).
- Chop mint and dill.
- Combine cheese, mayonnaise, mint, dill, and lemon juice. Spread mixture evenly over fish; top each fillet with 2 overlapping lemon slices. Place in oven on middle rack; bake 10 minutes.
- Increase oven heat to broil. Broil 7–8 minutes or until top has browned and fish is 145°F (or flesh separates easily). Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 310kcal; FAT 16g; CHOL 85mg; SODIUM 580mg; CARB 5g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 37g; VIT A 10%; VIT C 10%; CALC 10%; IRON 6%
Vegetable Couscous Salad
Zest, juice of 2 lemons
2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup green onions, coarsely chopped
1/2 cucumber, coarsely chopped
1 medium tomato, coarsely chopped
1 (5.8-oz) box garlic and olive oil couscous mix
2 teaspoons + 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest/grate lemon peel (no white; 1 teaspoon); squeeze for juice (3 tablespoons).
- Chop mint, parsley, and green onions.
- Chop cucumber and tomato (1 cup each).
- Prepare couscous following package instructions adding 2 teaspoons oil and 2 tablespoons lemon juice to the water.
- Combine green onions, parsley, mint, tomatoes, cucumber, lemon zest, and remaining 1 tablespoon each oil and lemon juice; set aside.
- Uncover couscous and fluff with a fork; let stand 4–5 minutes to cool.
- Stir vegetable mixture into couscous. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 220kcal; FAT 7g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 430mg; CARB 33g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 7g; VIT A 20%; VIT C 30%; CALC 4%; IRON 10%
- Complete your meal with green beans, a crusty baguette, and fruit tart for dessert.
- Do not walk away from the fish while broiling; broilers get very hot and it may burn quickly.
- You can stir some feta cheese into the salad.
Recipe Version seaf0142