1 medium tart green apple
1/2 cup fresh pre-diced onions
1/2 cup sweet & sour red cabbage (drained)
5 caramel squares
2 lb center-cut pork loin
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut apple into small bite-size pieces.
- Combine onions, cabbage, apples, and caramel squares. Create cavity for stuffing by using a long, thin sharp knife to cut an “X” through center of roast, making two lengthwise slits (without piercing opposite end). Insert handle of wooden spoon to make sure hole is open. Fill with apple mixture, using handle to pack mixture in (wash hands). (Any extra stuffing can be placed in roasting pan with the stuffed pork.)
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Season outside of pork with salt and pepper. Place oil in pan, then add pork; cook 2–3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer pork to roasting pan, adding any extra stuffing around pork; roast pork 30–35 minutes or until stuffing is 165°F. Let stand 5–10 minutes; slice and serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 390kcal; FAT 17g; CHOL 120mg; SODIUM 290mg; CARB 16g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 42g; VIT A 0%; VIT C 6%; CALC 6%; IRON 10%
Good Luck Salad
Juice of 1 lime
2 cups baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
1 (15-oz) can black-eyed peas (drained and rinsed)
1 cup tomato trinity mix (fresh diced tomatoes, onions, bell peppers)
1/3 cup sweet pepper bruschetta topping
2 teaspoons green pepper sauce
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Squeeze lime for juice (1 tablespoon).
- Chop spinach.
- Combine all ingredients.
- May be chilled or served at room temperature.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 140kcal; FAT 6g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 600mg; CARB 19g; FIBER 5g; PROTEIN 6g; VIT A 15%; VIT C 70%; CALC 4%; IRON 8%
- Complete your meal with collard greens, corn muffins, and cheesecake for dessert.
- The bruschetta topping is great on toasted slices of Bakery-fresh French or Italian bread.
Recipe Version pork0066