Tomato Pesto Fish
4 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
3 shallots, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 white fish fillets such as tilapia, snapper, or grouper (1 1/2 lb)
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Chop tomatoes; slice shallots.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place butter in pan, then add shallots; cook 1 minute or until softened.
- Season both sides of fish with salt and pepper. Add fish to shallots; cook 3–4 minutes on each side or until flesh is opaque and flakes easily.
- Combine tomatoes, pesto, olive oil, and garlic; spoon over fish and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 270kcal; FAT 13g; CHOL 90mg; SODIUM 220mg; CARB 5g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 35g; VIT A 15%; VIT C 15%; CALC 2%; IRON 8%
1 1/2 cups water
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 (5.9-oz) box Parmesan (or seasoned) couscous mix
1 (4-oz) can sliced mushrooms (drained)
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Combine water, butter, spice packet (from couscous mix), and mushrooms; cover and bring to a boil on high. Place couscous and mustard in serving dish.
- Stir spice mixture into couscous and cover. Let stand 5–10 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 180kcal; FAT 4.5g; CHOL 10mg; SODIUM 610mg; CARB 31g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 7g; VIT A 4%; VIT C 0%; CALC 6%; IRON 6%
- Complete your meal with a fresh salad blend, multi-grain bread, and a fruit tart for dessert.
- Use any leftover pesto to top crusty bread slices or add to your favorite pasta dishes.
Recipe Version seaf0137