Patty Melt Pizza
3 medium onions, thinly sliced
1 (12-inch) prepared pizza crust
1 lb ground beef
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup steak sauce
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon caraway seeds
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup shredded Italian six-cheese blend
1/3 cup Thousand Island dressing
7 thin slices reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice onion.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Add ground beef, seasoned salt, and pepper; brown 5–7 minutes, stirring to crumble meat, or until no pink remains. Stir in steak sauce; remove meat from pan.
- Place pizza crust directly on oven rack; cook 7–8 minutes or until slightly crisp.
- Place butter in same pan, then add onions, caraway seeds, and Worcestershire sauce; cook 8–10 minutes or until soft and well browned.
- Place pizza crust on baking sheet. Combine shredded cheese and dressing; spread over crust. Arrange meat over dressing; spread onions over meat. Top with Cheddar cheese and return to oven; bake 4–5 minutes or until cheese melts. Slice pizza and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/8 recipe) 380kcal; FAT 19g; CHOL 55mg; SODIUM 820mg; CARB 33g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 20g; VIT A 8%; VIT C 4%; CALC 20%; IRON 15%
- Complete your meal with a fresh salad blend and brownies for dessert.
- Cut into 2-inch squares (party cut) to create mini pizza appetizers for holiday parties and buffets.
Recipe Version R-12/10-0011