1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
2 1/4 lb lamb leg shank
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 cup Marsala wine
1 (10.25-oz) can beef gravy
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Slice olives.
- Season lamb on all sides with salt and pepper. Place lamb on rack in roasting pan (wash hands). Place lamb in oven and immediately reduce heat to 375°F. Roast 1–1 1/2 hours or until 145°F (for medium-rare) up to 170°F (for well-done). Transfer lamb to cutting board; let stand 10–15 minutes before slicing.
- Place Marsala in medium saucepan on medium heat; cook 2–3 minutes or until reduced by about one-fourth. Stir in olives and gravy; cook 3–4 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Slice lamb and serve with sauce. (Makes 6 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 480kcal; FAT 23g; CHOL 155mg; SODIUM 770mg; CARB 9g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 47g; VIT A 0%; VIT C 0%; CALC 2%; IRON 20%
2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 cup fresh pre-diced onions
1 1/4 cups water
1 (5.8-oz) box couscous with garlic/olive oil
1/2 cup dried mixed fruit bits
2 chai tea bags
1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Chop parsley.
- Zest/grate lemon peel (no white)
- Squeeze juice of lemon.
- Preheat medium saucepan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add onions; cook 2–3 minutes or until soft.
- Add water, spice packet from couscous, fruit, lemon zest, and tea bags. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and steep tea for 1–2 minutes (squeeze and remove tea bags). Remove from heat.
- Stir in couscous; cover and let stand 4–5 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork; stir in parsley and lemon juice. Sprinkle with almonds and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 300kcal; FAT 7g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 420mg; CARB 49g; FIBER 4g; PROTEIN 7g; VIT A 6%; VIT C 15%; CALC 4%; IRON 6%
- Complete your meal with fresh salad blend, wheat rolls, and a fruit tart for dessert.
- Any type of dried fruit will add great flavor to the couscous.
Recipe Version beef0072