Praline Chicken and Warm Goat Cheese Salad
1 tablespoon shallots, finely chopped
2 heads bittersweet salad greens (radicchio or Belgian endive)
1 cup fresh green beans
1 tart green apple
4 oz chunk goat cheese
1 cup praline pecans, divided
1 cup panko bread crumbs
Large zip-top bag (optional)
1 lb boneless chicken cutlets
3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup honey
- Chop shallots.
- Cut salad greens into quarters or wedges.
- Cut green beans and apples into bite-size pieces.
- Crumble goat cheese.
- Process 3/4 cup praline pecans in food processor until fine crumbs. Combine praline and panko in zip-top bag (or place in shallow bowl). Coat both sides of chicken, 1 or 2 at a time, with crumb mixture; press with fingertips to evenly coat (wash hands).
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place 1 tablespoon oil in pan, then add apples, green beans, and salad greens; cook 2–3 minutes or until greens are wilted and beans are softened. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and transfer to serving plates.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to pan, then add chicken; cook 4–5 minutes on each side or until 165°F. Remove chicken from pan; let stand 3–5 minutes, then slice thinly.
- Combine vinegar, honey, and shallots in a microwave-safe bowl and cover; microwave on HIGH 2–3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Top salad greens with sliced chicken, goat cheese, and remaining 1/4 cup praline pecans. Drizzle with honey dressing; serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 650kcal; FAT 31g; CHOL 85mg; SODIUM 480mg; CARB 60g; FIBER 5g; PROTEIN 33g; VIT A 20%; VIT C 15%; CALC 15%; IRON 10%
- Complete your meal with hearty, whole grain bread and a fruit tart or pie for dessert.
- You can substitute red wine or balsamic vinegar for the white wine vinegar.
Recipe Version poul0119