Southwest Green Chile Burgers
1 1/2 lb ground chuck beef
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 teaspoons canned chopped green chiles, drained
4 slices havarti cheese (about 3 oz)
1 (4.2-oz) Southwest ranch salad kit
1 (8-oz) bag shredded lettuce
4 potato hamburger buns
- Preheat grill pan on medium-high (or preheat grill).
- Divide meat and form into 4 patties (wash hands).
- Season meat with salt and pepper. Place in grill pan (or on grill); grill 3–4 minutes on each side or until 160°F. During last minute of cook time, top each patty with 1 teaspoon chiles and 1 cheese slice.
- Combine salad dressing and chips (from salad kit) with lettuce shreds. Place patties on bottom halves of buns. Top burgers with lettuce mixture and top halves of buns. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 760kcal; FAT 47g; CHOL 170mg; SODIUM 770mg; CARB 28g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 54g; VIT A 8%; VIT C 20%; CALC 25%; IRON 35%
3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
12 oz sliced portabella mushrooms
2 eggs (or 1/2 cup egg substitute)
1 1/4 cups Italian-style bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
large zip-top bag, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Drizzle 1 tablespoon oil evenly over baking sheet.
- Discard stems and gills (dark brown layers) from mushrooms.
- Whisk eggs until frothy; place in shallow bowl. Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in large zip-top bag (or shallow bowl).
- Place 3–4 mushrooms into eggs, turning to coat both sides. Dip or toss mushrooms with bread crumbs until evenly coated; place in single layer on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining mushrooms. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil. Bake 10 minutes.
- Turn mushrooms; bake 5–7 more minutes or until mushrooms are tender and golden. May be served with ranch or your favorite dipping sauce.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 280kcal; FAT 14g; CHOL 5mg; SODIUM 690mg; CARB 29g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 10g; VIT A 0%; VIT C 4%; CALC 10%; IRON 15%
- Complete your meal with ranch dressing (for dipping fries), macaroni salad, and chocolate cake for dessert.
- Any soft, melting cheese will work great on this burger.
- The remaining vegetables from your salad packet can be added to a rice side dish.
Recipe Version soup0098