1 red pepper
2/3 cup + 1/3 cup cilantro (coarsely chopped)
1 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb)
3/4 cup fresh pre-diced red onions, divided
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon canola oil
2 tablespoons paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon water
pinch crushed red pepper (optional)
2 naan or flat breads (regular or garlic flavor)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
6 oz fat-free light Key lime yogurt
- Cut one-half of red pepper into bite-size pieces (2/3 cup).
- Chop cilantro.
- Cut pork lengthwise, turn and slice evenly into thin strips (wash hands).
- Place red peppers, 2/3 cup cilantro, 1/2 cup onions, 1/4 cup oil, paprika, cumin, garlic, tomato paste, water, and crushed red pepper into blender; blend until smooth.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Coat bread with cooking spray; cook 1 minute on each side or until golden and crispy. Repeat with remaining bread. (Or heat bread following package instructions.)
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Season pork with salt and pepper then place in pan with 1 tablespoon oil; cook and stir 3–4 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- Reduce heat to low and add sauce; cook 1–2 minutes or until warmed. Top each flatbread with pork mixture. Stir 1/4 cup onions into yogurt; spoon lightly over top of pork. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cilantro. Cut into wedges or quarters and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 530 kcal; FAT 26g; CHOL 80mg; SODIUM 710 mg; CARB 41g; FIBER 4g; PROTEIN 32g; VIT A 45%; VIT C 70%; CALC 15%; IRON 20%
- Complete your meal with a fresh salad blend and a lemon pie for dessert.
- Fresh arugula or baby spinach leaves would be a great addition to the flatbreads.
- While blending the sauce, if needed, add 1 more tablespoon water to help make it smooth.
Recipe Version soup0097