Key Lime Shrimp
3/4 cup silken tofu (drained)
1/3 cup Key lime juice
3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon honey, divided
2 tablespoons olive oil margarine
3 teaspoons blackening seasoning, divided
8 shrimp bar-b-skewers (thawed, if needed)
- Preheat grill. Place in medium bowl, tofu, lime juice, and 3 tablespoons of the honey; whisk until smooth and set aside.
- Combine in small bowl, margarine, 2 teaspoons of the blackening seasoning, and remaining 1 teaspoon honey until blended; brush evenly over shrimp skewers.
- Place shrimp on grill. Sprinkle remaining 1 teaspoon blackening seasoning over shrimp. Cook 2 minutes; turn and cook 1–3 more minutes or just until shrimp turn pink and opaque. Note: Shrimp may be cooked in grill pan preheated on medium-high. Lightly coat pan with oil. Cook time will be about the same. Transfer shrimp to serving platter; serve shrimp with lime sauce.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 190kcal; FAT 7g; CHOL 95mg; SODIUM 470mg; CARB 15g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 15g; VIT A 4%; VIT C 2%; CALC 6%; IRON 10%
Avocado Salad With Cilantro Crema
2 large tomatoes (rinsed)
2 avocados (rinsed)
1 medium red onion (rinsed)
8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
1 cup light sour cream
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
16–18 sprigs fresh cilantro (rinsed)
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut tomatoes into 1/2-inch-thick wedges. Cut avocado into quarters; remove seed and peel. Remove ends and skin from onion; cut both into thin slices. Cut mozzarella in half and then into thin slices. Arrange slices on serving platter, alternating between tomatoes, avocado, and cheese.
- Combine remaining ingredients in food processor (or blender); process until sauce turns green and has a very smooth consistency. Drizzle over salad and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 340kcal; FAT 22g; CHOL 50mg; SODIUM 350mg; CARB 21g; FIBER 4g; PROTEIN 18g; VIT A 25%; VIT C 50%; CALC 50%; IRON 6%
Utensils & Cookware
grill, grilling tongs
food processor (or blender)
mixing bowls, whisk
knife and cutting board
These barbecue shrimp skewers can be cooked directly from frozen, if needed. Simple allow an extra minute or so.
Recipe Version seaf0118