Hoisin Turkey Burgers with Fontina
4 ounces Deli Fontina cheese
1 medium red bell pepper (rinsed)
1 1/3 lb ground turkey
1/2 cup pre-diced onions
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
4 tablespoons light mayonnaise
4 hamburger buns
- Preheat grill. Slice cheese thinly and set aside. Remove seeds and membranes from pepper; cut pepper into 1/4-thick-strips and set aside. Combine in medium bowl, ground turkey, onions, and hoisin sauce; mix until well blended. Form into four equal patties (wash hands).
- Place burgers on grill (wash hands); close lid (or cover loosely with foil). Grill 4–5 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness. (Grills vary widely; adjust time as needed.)
Note: Burgers may be cooked in grill pan preheated on medium-high. Lightly coat pan with canola oil. Cook time will be about the same.
- Spread mayonnaise on both halves of buns. Place burgers on bottom halves of buns; top each with red pepper and cheese slices. Assemble and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 520kcal; FAT 27g; CHOL 120mg; SODIUM 900mg; CARB 32g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 35g; VIT A 25%; VIT C 50%; CALC 25%; IRON 20%
1 medium head green cabbage (rinsed)
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 (8-ounce) can pineapple tidbits in juice (undrained)
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup white vinegar
1 teaspoon powdered mustard
1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup canola oil
- Cut cabbage in half (reserve one half for other use). Remove core and any blemished leaves. Slice finely and place in medium bowl.
- Place pecans in small sauté pan on medium-high. Cook 3–4 minutes, stirring frequently, or until fragrant.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup of the juice. Place juice in large bowl; stir in sugar, vinegar, mustard, celery seeds, and salt. Add oil in small, steady stream, whisking continuously until blended and smooth.
- Add ingredients; toss until evenly coated. Chill or serve at room temperature. (Makes 8 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/8 recipe) 240kcal; FAT 20g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 50mg; CARB 16g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 2g; VIT A 2%; VIT C 35%; CALC 4%; IRON 4%
Utensils & Cookware
- grill, grilling spatula
- small sauté pan
- mixing bowls, whisk
- cooking spoons
- meat thermometer
- knife and cutting board
- measuring utensils
For melted cheese on the burgers, add the pepper and cheese slices during the last few minutes of grill time. Cover loosely with foil until the cheese melts.
Recipe Version soup0085