Potato Edamame Soup
1 (16-oz) bag frozen shelled edamame
1 small yellow onion
3 large white potatoes
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 (32-oz) box reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Thaw edamame in colander under cool running water.
- Chop onion coarsely.
- Cut potatoes into bite-size pieces.
- Melt butter in large saucepan on medium-high. Add onions, potatoes, and garlic; cook and stir 3–4 minutes or until onions begin to soften.
- Stir in Italian seasoning, salt, and chicken broth, then cover; cook and stir 10 minutes.
- Stir in edamame, then cover; cook 10–15 more minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove about one-fourth of the potatoes; mash lightly and then stir back into soup to thicken slightly. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 270kcal; FAT 8g; CHOL 10mg; SODIUM 490mg; CARB 40g; FIBER 7g; PROTEIN 12g; VIT A 2%; VIT C 35%; CALC 8%; IRON 20%
Tomato Cheese Toast
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
6 slices Bakery multigrain bread
8 oz mild white Cheddar cheese
1 large tomato
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Melt butter in microwave. Brush one side of bread with butter; arrange on baking sheet (buttered side down). Slice both cheese and tomato thinly.
- Arrange tomato slices on bread; top with cheese. Bake 5–7 minutes or until cheese melts. Cut into slices and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 250kcal; FAT 16g; CHOL 40mg; SODIUM 420mg; CARB 17g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 13g; VIT A 20%; VIT C 6%; CALC 35%; IRON 6%
- Complete your meal with a fresh salad blend and pudding with fresh berries for dessert.
- Pita or flat bread can also be used when making the cheese toast; for a little more flavor, top with some fine strips of fresh basil.
Recipe Version soup0078