1/2 lb fresh sugar snap peas
2 green onions, thinly sliced
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 3/4 lb)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon canola oil
3 tablespoons curry powder
1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 cup coconut milk
2 (10.75-oz) cans condensed reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup
- Cut peas into bite-size pieces. Slice green onions.
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces (wash hands); season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat medium saucepan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add chicken; cook 6–8 minutes or until browned. Stir in curry powder; cook 1 more minute.
- Stir in peas, broth, coconut milk, and chicken soup; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, stir in green onions; cook 5 more minutes for flavors to blend. Turn heat off; can stand 10–15 minutes for additional flavor development. Curries are traditionally served over white rice.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 460kcal; FAT 20g; CHOL 120mg; SODIUM 830mg; CARB 23g; FIBER 4g; PROTEIN 47g; VIT A 25%; VIT C 60%; CALC 10%; IRON 35%
Grilled Asparagus With Caramel Vinaigrette
1 lb fresh asparagus spears
3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Cut 1 inch from tough root end of asparagus; place in medium bowl.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of the oil, salt, and pepper; toss to coat.
- Stir together in a microwave-safe bowl, brown sugar, butter, and vinegar. Microwave on HIGH 1–3 minutes or until butter melts and mixture boils. Slowly whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons oil until well blended.
- Preheat large grill pan (or sauté pan) on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place asparagus in pan; cook and turn 3–4 minutes or until tender. Transfer asparagus to serving dish and top with caramel vinaigrette. Serve warm.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 190kcal; FAT 16g; CHOL 15mg; SODIUM 80mg; CARB 11g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 1g; VIT A 15%; VIT C 8%; CALC 2%; IRON 4%
- Complete your meal with white rice, crusty bread, and a fruit dessert.
- The caramel vinaigrette may thicken and separate somewhat as it cools, so be sure to serve it warm.
Recipe Version poul0106