Gourmet Soup and Turkey Apple Panini
20 ounces lobster bisque (or other gourmet soup)
1 large tart apple (rinsed)
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
1/4 cup light Vidalia onion salad dressing
4 slices Bakery rustic sandwich bread
1/4 lb thin-sliced smoked honey turkey breast
4 slices smoked provolone cheese
- Preheat 2-sided tabletop grill. Transfer soup to medium saucepan. Cover and heat on medium, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated. Peel and core apple; slice apple thinly.
- Combine in small bowl, mayonnaise and salad dressing until blended. Spread mixture evenly on one side of all bread slices. Place 2 bread slices on work surface (coated side up): add 1/2 of the turkey to each, then 1/2 of the apple slices, and top with 1/2 of the cheese slices. Assemble sandwiches with remaining 2 bread slices.
- Coat grill with cooking spray. Place sandwiches on grill and press lid down firmly. Cook 5–6 minutes, occasionally pressing lid, until crisp and golden. Cut sandwiches in half using serrated knife. Transfer soup to serving bowls and serve.
Soup and 1/2 sandwich:
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 580kcal; FAT 39g; CHOL 135mg;
SODIUM 1340mg; CARB 36g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 19g;
VIT A 25%; VIT C 6%; CALC 30%; IRON 6%
1/2 sandwich only:
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 320kcal; FAT 16g; CHOL 40mg;
SODIUM 790mg; CARB 29g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 15g;
VIT A 6%; VIT C 2%; CALC 25%; IRON 6%
4 ounces watercress leaves (or 2 bunches)
2 plum tomatoes (rinsed)
4 ounces pre-sliced baby portabella mushrooms (rinsed)
1/3 cup European salad dressing
1 ounce Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon gray sea salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut watercress, if pre-washed and trimmed, into large, bite-size pieces and place in salad bowl. (If using bunch, trim stems and then rinse well before tearing to size.) Slice tomatoes thinly. Add tomatoes, mushrooms, and dressing; toss until evenly coated.
- Transfer salad to serving dishes. Shave curls from Parmesan cheese wedge, using vegetable peeler, over each salad. Finish with sea salt and pepper; serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 160kcal; FAT 13g; CHOL 5mg;
SODIUM 350mg; CARB 8g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 4g;
VIT A 35%; VIT C 25%; CALC 10%; IRON 4%
Utensils & Cookware
- 2-sided tabletop grill
- small bowl, salad bowl
- vegetable peeler, whisk
- cooking spoons
- serrated knife and cutting board
- measuring utensils
A panini pan makes grilling these sandwiches a snap. The heated press ensures that both sides of the bread are crisp and golden.
Recipe Version soup0087