Grilled Duck With Balsamic Cherry Sauce
3 (6.5-oz) frozen fully cooked grilled duck breast fillets
Large zip-top bag
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup cherry preserves, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Remove duck from packaging and place in large zip-top bag; seal bag tightly. Thaw duck by placing bag in bowl under cool running water for 5–10 minutes.
- Place thawed duck, skin side up, in 2-quart baking dish. Bake 15 minutes or until 165°F.
- Combine cherries, balsamic vinegar, and 1/2 cup of the cherry preserves; bring to a boil on medium. Cook 3–4 minutes to melt preserves.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 8–10 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened and syrupy. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup cherry preserves.
- Let duck stand 5 minutes before slicing. Cut duck into slices; top with cherry sauce and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 460kcal; FAT 15g; CHOL 95mg; SODIUM 460mg; CARB 61g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 19g; VIT A 6%; VIT C 2%; CALC 2%; IRON 15%
Sweet Potato Hash
2 large sweet potatoes
1 red onion
1/4 cup walnut (or canola) oil
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into 1/2 inch cubes; place in microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover and microwave on HIGH 4 minutes or until potatoes begin to soften. Peel onion; cut one-half of the onion into thin strips.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add potatoes; cook 3–4 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (including onions); cook 4–5 minutes or until onions have softened and potatoes begin to brown. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 260kcal; FAT 19g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 170mg; CARB 22g; FIBER 4g; PROTEIN 2g; VIT A 350%; VIT C 25%; CALC 4%; IRON 6%
- Complete your meal with green beans, fresh salad blend, a crusty baguette, and carrot cake for dessert.
- Duck is a mildly sweet, dark meat with a taste similar to beef. It is traditionally served medium-rare, so unlike chicken, a pinkish color to the meat is desirable.
Recipe Version poul0098