Parmesan Pork With Herb Sauce
1 tablespoon fresh lemon peel
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons fresh sage leaves (finely chopped)
1 cup Italian-style panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 egg whites (or 1/4 cup egg white substitute)
1 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb)
1 1/2 cups reduced-fat milk
1 tablespoon butter
1 packet garlic/herb sauce mix (about 1 1/2 oz)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Zest/grate lemon peel (no white).
- Chop sage.
- Combine on plate, lemon peel, panko, Parmesan cheese, and salt. Combine lemon juice and egg whites. Dip pork lightly into egg mixture; then press and turn in panko mixture to coat (wash hands). Bake 20–25 minutes or until 160°F (for medium). Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Combine milk, butter, and sauce mix; bring to a boil on medium, whisking to blend.
- Reduce to medium-low. Stir in sage; cook and stir continuously, 2–3 minutes, or until thickened. Slice pork and serve with sauce.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 350kcal; FAT 13g; CHOL 90mg;
SODIUM 930mg; CARB 18g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 37g; VIT A 2%; VIT C 10%; CALC 15%; IRON 10%
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 110kcal; FAT 4.5g; CHOL 15mg; SODIUM 640mg; CARB 12g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 4g; VIT A 6%; VIT C 0%; CALC 10%; IRON 0%
16 oz fresh strawberries (2 1/2 cups)
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups premium vanilla (or butter pecan) ice cream, divided
- Slice strawberries thinly; combine with sugar and vanilla.
- Spoon berries over ice cream and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 310kcal; FAT 18g; CHOL 100mg; SODIUM 65mg; CARB 35g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 5g; VIT A 15%; VIT C 110%; CALC 15%; IRON 4%
- Complete your meal with mashed potatoes, fresh green beans, and warm dinner rolls.
- Add your favorite fresh berries to the strawberries for a colorful mix.
- This berry mixture is also great over grilled pound cake slices.
Recipe Version pork0049