Chicken Parmigiana Quesadillas
10 ounces frozen breaded chicken tenders or strips
8 medium-size flour tortillas
1 cup shredded Italian-blend cheese, divided
1 1/2 cups tomato pasta sauce with olives, divided
- Preheat two-sided tabletop grill. Place chicken tenders on plate (may be paper). Microwave on HIGH 3-5 minutes or until heated. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Lightly coat one side of the tortillas with cooking spray. Arrange 4 of the tortillas on clean work surface (sprayed side down). Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the cheese over each tortilla, then one-fourth of the chicken. Spoon one-fourth of the marinara sauce over the chicken; then sprinkle with 2 more tablespoons of the cheese. Cover each with remaining tortillas (sprayed side out).
- Place one or two quesadillas on grill (depending on size of grill). Cook 4-5 minutes or until golden. Let stand 2-3 minutes before cutting. Cook remaining quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into wedges and serve.
Note: Quesadillas may be cooked in large sauté pan preheated on medium. Double cooking time, turning once.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 580kcal; FAT 26g; CHOL 45mg; SODIUM 1560mg; CARB 61g; FIBER 6g; PROTEIN 26g; VIT A 8%; VIT C 10%; CALC 30%; IRON 20%
Cheesy Marinara Rice
1 (8.5-ounce) pouch pre-cooked rice with cheese
1 cup tomato pasta sauce with olives
3 fresh garlic cloves
4-5 sprigs fresh Italian parsley (rinsed)
- Combine rice and pasta sauce in small saucepan on medium.
- Crush garlic, using garlic press, into rice. Use knife to remove garlic from bottom of press. Chop parsley finely (1 tablespoon); stir into rice.
- Cook 2-4 more minutes, stirring occasionally, or until thoroughly heated. Reduce heat to warm; cover until ready to serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 130kcal; FAT 3g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 720mg; CARB 22g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 3g; VIT A 6%; VIT C 10%; CALC 6%; IRON 8%
Utensils & Cookware
- two-sided tabletop grill
- small saucepan with lid
- turning spatula, garlic press
- cooking spoons
- knife and cutting board
- measuring utensils
Serve banana pepper rings and sour cream with the quesadillas. You can also heat extra marinara sauce to use as a dipping sauce.
Recipe Version 07/08-0038