Herb-Crusted Rib Roast
1 standing rib roast (4-5 lb)
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, coarsley chopped
1/3 cup plain bread crumbs
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Season roast on all sides with salt, pepper, and garlic (wash hands). Place roast on rack in medium-size roasting pan. Bake 1 1/2 hours.
- Chop parsley. Combine with bread crumbs and rosemary.
- Remove roast from oven. Coat roast with mustard and then bread crumb mixture. Bake 1 more hour or until roast is 145°F (medium-rare) up to 170°F (well-done). Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness. Transfer roast to cutting board; let stand 10-15 minutes before slicing. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/8 recipe) 590kcal; FAT 47g; CHOL 130mg; SODIUM 300mg; CARB 4g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 36g; VIT A 0%; VIT C 2%; CALC 4%; IRON 25%
3 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon water
1 1/2 cups half-and-half
1 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat 2-quart shallow baking dish with cooking spray. Peel potatoes and slice thinly. Place in microwave-safe bowl with water and cover; microwave on HIGH 7-10 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Place half-and-half in medium saucepan; heat on medium 5-7 minutes or until warmed. Whisk in cheese, salt, garlic, mustard, and pepper; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Remove from heat; stir potatoes into cheese sauce. Pour mixture into baking dish; top with Parmesan cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes or until cheese melts and sauce bubbles around edge. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/8 recipe) 180kcal; FAT 10g; CHOL 35mg; SODIUM 230mg; CARB 17g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 7g; VIT A 4%; VIT C 25%; CALC 8%; IRON 4%
- Complete your meal with green peas, dinner rolls, and apple pie for dessert.
- When cooking a roast, a meat thermometer is a valuable tool that can make the difference between a dinner disaster and a memorable meal.
Recipe Version beef0051