Pepperoni Chicken Pasta
1 tablespoon garlic butter
1 teaspoon roasted garlic
3/4 pound steak-topper vegetables (fresh pre-sliced mushrooms, onions, bell peppers)
30 pepperoni slices
1 (10-ounce) package refrigerated cooked chicken strips
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 1/2 cups pasta sauce
8 ounces ziti pasta
1. Fill large saucepan half full of water. Cover and bring to a boil on high for pasta. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes.
2. Place garlic butter in sauté pan; swirl to coat. Add garlic and steak-toppers. Separate pepperoni slices; add to pan. Cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until vegetables begin to soften.
3. Stir in chicken, Italian seasoning, and pasta sauce. Reduce heat to low; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, to combine flavors and until thoroughly heated.
4. Stir pasta into boiling water. Boil 6–8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until tender.
5. Drain pasta and return to saucepan. Stir sauce mixture into pasta until well blended. Serve. (Makes 6 servings.) CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 330kcal; FAT 10g; CHOL 40mg; SODIUM 800mg; CARB 42g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 20g; VIT A 15%; VIT C 90%; CALC 4%; IRON 10%
1/4 cup canned artichoke hearts
1/4 cup roasted red peppers
1 cup grape tomatoes (rinsed)
10 ounces European salad blend
1/4 cup sliced green olives
1/2 cup seasoned croutons
1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
1. Dice artichokes and peppers into small, bite-size pieces. Slice tomatoes in half, if desired.
2. Place salad blend, artichokes, peppers, tomatoes, and olives in salad bowl; chill until ready to serve.
3. Add croutons and salad dressing; toss and serve. CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 120kcal; FAT 7g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 640mg; CARB 12g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 3g; VIT A 35%; VIT C 40%; CALC 4%; IRON 6%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
The term al dente translated from Italian means "to the tooth." Pasta is al dente when cooked just beyond the point of being too firm.
Recipe Version R-10/06-0019