Salmon Satay With Orange-Jasmine Rice
1 cup water
1 cup orange juice
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 cup jasmine rice
1 1/2 lb salmon fillets (skin removed; thawed)
8 (10-inch) bamboo skewers
1/3 cup sesame ginger marinade
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Combine in medium saucepan, water, orange juice, and seasoned salt; cover and bring to a boil on high for rice.
- Stir rice into boiling mixture and return to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low; cook 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Cut salmon into eight equal pieces and thread lengthwise onto skewers (wash hands). Combine marinade, sesame oil, and peanut butter; reserve one-third of the mixture for final step. Brush one-half of the remaining mixture over both sides of salmon.
- Arrange skewers on baking sheet; bake 2 minutes. Turn skewers over and brush with remaining one-half of marinade; bake 2–4 more minutes or until flesh is opaque and flakes easily. (Discard any marinade that has been in contact with raw salmon.)
- Use reserved marinade as a dipping sauce. Fluff rice with fork and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 510kcal; FAT 24g; CHOL 100mg; SODIUM 1070mg; CARB 34g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 37g; VIT A 2%; VIT C 45%; CALC 4%; IRON 6%
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 (12-oz) package fresh broccoli slaw
- Place almonds and sesame seeds in medium sauté pan on low. Cook and stir 4–5 minutes or until toasted. Slice green onions.
- Place vinegar and soy sauce in medium bowl. Whisk in olive oil, onions, almonds, and sesame seeds.
- Stir in broccoli slaw until evenly coated. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 360kcal; FAT 35g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 260mg; CARB 9g; FIBER 5g; PROTEIN 6g; VIT A 50%; VIT C 120%; CALC 10%; IRON 10%
- Complete your meal with fresh cut fruit.
- Satay (or saté) consists of marinated meat threaded onto skewers, then broiled or grilled, and usually served with a spicy peanut sauce.
Recipe Version seaf0100