Chicken and Dumplings Soup
1 tablespoon butter
1 (10-ounce) bag frozen seasoning blend
(contains diced onions, green/red peppers, celery and parsley)
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons chicken base
1 (4-ounce) can mushroom pieces (drained)
1 cup frozen carrot slices
1 tablespoon flour
pepper, to taste
1 (32-ounce) box reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 cups frozen diced chicken breast
1 cup water
1 (16-ounce) box gnocchi
1 tablespoon parsley flakes
1. Preheat large saucepan on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes.
2. Place butter, seasoning blend, garlic, chicken base, mushrooms and carrots in pan. Cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in flour and pepper. Cook 2 minutes, stirring often.
4. Increase heat to high. Stir in broth, chicken, water, gnocchi and parsley. Cover and bring to boil.
5. Remove lid and continue boiling 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve.
Southern Green Beans
2 (14-ounce) cans Italian green beans
1 tablespoon cooked crumbled bacon
2 drops liquid smoke flavoring
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. Combine in medium saucepan: beans (including liquid from 1 can), bacon, liquid smoke, seasoned salt and pepper. Stir.
2. Cover and cook on medium-low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve.
Calories 403kcal; Fat 5g; Cholesterol 55mg; Carbohydrate 57g; Fiber 8g; Protein 30g; Sodium 2626mg
Daily Values: Vitamin A 50%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 5%; Iron 11%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Gnocchi is pasta made with potatoes. A great choice for a side dish with a difference, cook following package directions, then toss with butter and grated Parmesan cheese.
Recipe Version soup0055