Blackened Steaks and Horseradish Cream
Olive oil cooking spray
1 1/2 lb boneless grilling steaks (such as ribeye, top sirloin, or strip)
2 tablespoons blackening seasoning
4 oz whipped cream cheese spread
1/4 cup half-and-half
2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray; preheat grill.
- Season both sides of steaks with blackening seasoning. Place steaks on grill; close lid (or cover loosely with foil). Grill 4–6 minutes on each side or until 145°F (for medium-rare).
- Whisk remaining ingredients until blended and smooth. Serve horseradish cream with steaks.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 310kcal; FAT 19g; CHOL 125mg; SODIUM 690mg; CARB 3g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 31g; VIT A 6%; VIT C 4%; CALC 4%; IRON 10%
4 medium white potatoes
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon herb-seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
4 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 475ºF. Cut potatoes into quarters; place in microwave-safe bowl. Top with butter and cover; microwave on HIGH 5 minutes. Slice onion.
- Stir potatoes to evenly coat with butter; microwave 5 more minutes or until potatoes are hot and just beginning to soften.
- Transfer potatoes to 2-quart baking dish and arrange in single layer. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper. Arrange onions evenly over potatoes; top with bacon. Bake 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender and bacon is browned and semi-crisp. Serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 270kcal; FAT 16g; CHOL 30mg; SODIUM 120mg; CARB 26g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 4g; VIT A 6%; VIT C 25%; CALC 2%; IRON 4%
- Complete your meal with sour cream (for potatoes), fresh salad blend, garlic bread, and a chocolate dessert.
- “Blackening” is a flavor created by a blend of spices and does not refer to burning your steaks. Avoid over-charring the meat to prevent any unpleasant taste.
Recipe Version beef0046