1 lemon (for juice), rinsed
1 small onion (rinsed)
3 slices bacon
4 mahi, grouper, or snapper fillets, 1 1/2 lb (thawed, if needed)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut lemon in half; set aside. Remove ends and peel from onion; cut onion in half and slice into thin slivers.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Cut bacon into 1/4-inch pieces. Place bacon and onions in pan (wash hands). Cook 3–4 minutes, stirring often, or until onions begin to soften and bacon begins to brown. Meanwhile, season both sides of fish with salt and pepper (wash hands).
- Arrange fish fillets on top of bacon and onions (wash hands). Squeeze juice of lemon over fish. Cover and reduce heat to medium; cook 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°F (or flesh is opaque and separates easily with a fork). Cook time may vary depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Remove fish fillets from pan. Increase heat to high and cook 2–3 minutes, uncovered, or until most of liquid has evaporated. Serve bacon and onions over fish.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 370kcal; FAT 24g; CHOL 150mg; SODIUM 410mg; CARB 3g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 34g; VIT A 6%; VIT C 10%; CALC 4%; IRON 10%
Spinach Mashed Potatoes
4–5 ounces fresh spinach leaves
1 tablespoon garlic butter
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 (24-ounce) package refrigerated mashed potatoes
- Chop spinach coarsely, using clean knife and cutting board (or kitchen shears); place in microwave-safe bowl.
- Add butter and seasoned salt; cover and microwave on HIGH 2 minutes or until spinach begins to wilt.
- Stir in potatoes; cover and microwave 4 more minutes or until potatoes are thoroughly heated. Stir and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 240kcal; FAT 15g; CHOL 30mg; SODIUM 860mg; CARB 22g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 3g; VIT A 70%; VIT C 4%; CALC 8%; IRON 8%
Utensils & Cookware
- large sauté pan with lid
- microwave-safe bowl with lid
- turning spatula
- cooking spoons
- meat thermometer
- knife and cutting board
- measuring utensils
Flash-frozen seafood is a great time saver as well as a great value. Trimmed, portioned and vacuumed-sealed, it's ready when you are, with no waste and easy clean up.
Recipe Version seaf0047