Mediterranean Pork Chops
1 1/2 pounds pork loin rib chops
1 teaspoon + 1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon roasted garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 cups frozen pepper stir-fry (sliced peppers, onions)
2 tablespoons sliced green olives
1 tablespoon capers
2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
1/4 cup white wine
1. Preheat grill. Rub both sides of pork chops with 1 teaspoon olive oil and garlic. Season with salt and pepper; wash hands.
2. Place pork chops on grill (wash hands); close lid (or cover loosely with foil) and grill 4–5 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 160°F. Grills vary widely, use meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness.
3. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 1–2 minutes. Place remaining 1 tablespoon oil in pan; swirl to coat. Stir in remaining ingredients; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until thoroughly heated. Serve sauce over pork chops.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 440kcal; FAT 29g; CHOL 100mg; SODIUM 540mg; CARB 6g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 35g; VIT A 6%; VIT C 15%; CALC 6%; IRON 8%
Florentine Alfredo Pasta
8 ounces fettuccine
1 (10-ounce) box frozen chopped spinach
1 (15-ounce) jar Alfredo sauce
1. Fill large saucepan 1/2 full of water. Cover and bring to a boil on high for pasta.
2. Stir pasta into boiling water. Boil 8–10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until tender.
3. Place spinach in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 5–7 minutes to thaw; drain. Stir Alfredo sauce into spinach and microwave on HIGH 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated
4. Drain pasta and return to pan. Stir spinach mixture into pasta and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 420kcal; FAT 19g; CHOL 60mg; SODIUM 790mg; CARB 51g; FIBER 4g; PROTEIN 14g; VIT A 180%; VIT C 30%; CALC 20%; IRON 20%
Utensils & Cookware
- grill, grilling tongs
- large sauté pan
- large saucepan with lid
- microwave-safe bowl
- cooking spoons, colander
- meat thermometer
- measuring utensils
Florentine Alfredo Pasta makes a great meal by itself. You can also add 2 cups cooked chicken or shrimp for a quick and easy main dish.
Recipe Version pork0014