Chinese Eggplant Stir-Fry
1 medium eggplant (to equal 5 cups)
salt and pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1/2 cup dry-roasted peanuts
1 (14-ounce) can chop suey vegetables (drained)
3 tablespoons diced pimientos (undrained)
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
2 teaspoons chili bean sauce
1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
1. Wash eggplant and cut ends off. Quarter lengthwise and cut into half-inch pieces. (Discard any dark green areas.) Season with salt and pepper.
2. Preheat wok on high for 2-3 minutes.
3. Place oil, peanuts and eggplant in wok. (Pan should sizzle.) Stir, cover and sauté 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Add vegetables and pimientos to eggplant and sauté 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Place in 2-cup measuring cup: hoisin sauce, chili bean sauce and peanut butter. Stir together and add to eggplant. Sauté 2 minutes. Serve.
Vegetable Brown Rice
1 (14-ounce) can vegetable broth
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon five spices powder
1 tablespoon vegetarian butter
1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts (drained)
2 cups instant brown rice
1. Place in medium saucepan: broth, soy sauce, five spices powder and butter.
2. Cover, place on high heat and bring to boil.
3. Stir in chestnuts and rice. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 8 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and let stand 5-7 minutes. Serve.
Calories 510kcal; Fat 21g; Cholesterol 0mg; Carbohydrate 72g; Fiber 7g; Protein 13g; Sodium 1843mg
Daily Values: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 35%; Calcium 10%; Iron 17%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Recipe Version ornt0008