Maple Mustard Pork Chops
1/4 cup country sausage gravy mix
1 1/2 pounds center-cut pork rib chops (4 chops)
large zip-top bag
2 tablespoons butter
2 McIntosh (or other firm tart) apples
1 (12-ounce) jar homestyle pork gravy
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- Place gravy mix (reserved from polenta) and pork chops in zip-top bag; seal tightly and shake to coat. Wash hands.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium 2-3 minutes. Place butter in pan and swirl to coat. Add pork chops, using tongs, and cook 3 minutes, without turning, until browned.
- Cut (rinsed) apples into bite-size pieces, discarding core. Turn pork chops and add apples; cook 3 minutes, until pork chops are browned.
- Whisk remaining ingredients together in medium bowl. Pour over pork chops and apples; swirl pan to mix ingredients. Cook 5 minutes or until internal temperature of pork chops is 160°F (for medium). Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 520kcal; FAT 26g; CHOL 102mg; SODIUM 870mg; CARB 44g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 27g; VIT A 1%; VIT C 8%; CALC 6%; IRON 11%
butter cooking spray
2 tablespoons butter
1 (17-ounce) tube polenta (plain or flavored)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
2 tablespoons country sausage gravy mix
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 8-inch-square baking dish with cooking spray. Place butter in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 20-30 seconds or until butter melts.
- Cut tube of polenta in half (this allows wrapper to be easily removed); discard packaging. Cut evenly into eight 3/4-inch-thick circles; place in baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir milk and 2 tablespoons gravy mix (reserve remaining mix for pork chop recipe) into butter, mixing until creamy. Pour over polenta. Bake 25 minutes or until golden. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 225kcal; FAT 9g; CHOL 28mg; SODIUM 798mg; CARB 29g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 4g; VIT A 4%; VIT C 9%; CALC 10%; IRON 1%
1 (16-ounce) bag frozen green peas
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Place peas and water in microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on HIGH 6-9 minutes, stirring once, or until tender.
- Drain peas; stir in butter and seasoned salt; serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 112kcal; FAT 3g; CHOL 8mg; SODIUM 340mg; CARB 16g; FIBER 5g; PROTEIN 6g; VIT A 16%; VIT C 34%; CALC 3%; IRON 10%
Utensils & Cookware
- large sauté pan
- 8-inch square baking dish
- 2 microwave-safe bowls (1 with lid)
- mixing bowl, whisk, tongs
- cooking spoons
- meat thermometer
- knife and cutting board
- measuring utensils
The polenta also makes a great breakfast treat. Add cooked, crumbled sausage and shredded Cheddar cheese before baking.
Recipe Version pork0009