Lime Honey Ginger Chicken
2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
large zip-top bag
1 1/2 cups refrigerated honey ginger dressing
1 lime (rinsed)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup heavy cream
- Place chicken in large zip-top bag (wash hands). Add dressing. Cut lime in half; squeeze juice into bag. Seal bag tightly; knead bag with fingertips to evenly coat chicken. Chill 20 minutes, turning occasionally, to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Preheat large oven-safe skillet on medium-high 2–3 minutes.
- Place oil in pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken thighs, reserving marinade (wash hands); cook 5–7 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Transfer chicken (in skillet) to oven. Bake 15–20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness.
- During last 10 minutes of chicken bake time, place reserved marinade in small saucepan. Bring to boil on medium-high.
- Boil sauce 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; stir in cream. Pour over chicken and serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 390kcal; FAT 26g; CHOL 125mg; SODIUM 900mg; CARB 13g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 28g; VIT A 8%; VIT C 8%; CALC 2%; IRON 8%
Tropical Fruit Couscous
1 cup vegetable broth
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup couscous
1/2 cup dried tropical fruit bits (mango, pineapple, papaya)
- Place broth and butter in small saucepan; cover and bring to boil on high.
- Stir couscous and fruit into boiling mixture. Cover and remove from heat; let stand 5–10 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 240kcal; FAT 3.5g; CHOL 10mg; SODIUM 280mg; CARB 46g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 6g; VIT A 8%; VIT C 0%; CALC 2%; IRON 4%
Utensils & Cookware
- large oven-safe skillet
- 2 small saucepans (1 with lid)
- tongs, cooking spoons
- meat thermometer
- measuring utensils
Do not marinate the chicken more than 20 minutes; it could become tough and dry.
Recipe Version poul0069