Gaucho Steaks and Nut Yam Cakes
1 (8-count) package frozen yam patties
4 cloves fresh garlic
1 lime (rinsed)
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 pounds boneless top sirloin steaks
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup honey
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat grill. Coat 2-quart microwave-safe baking dish with cooking spray; arrange yam patties in single layer in baking dish. Microwave on HIGH 5–7 minutes or until mostly thawed.
2. Meanwhile, crush garlic, using garlic press, into large shallow dish. Use knife to remove garlic from bottom of press. Squeeze juice of lime over garlic; stir in olive oil until blended.
3. Cut steak into 4 portions; season with salt and pepper. Place in garlic mixture, turning to coat both sides; let stand 10 minutes to marinate. Wash hands.
4. Meanwhile, brush yam patties with honey. Chop walnuts finely using food chopper; sprinkle over yam patties. Sprinkle with cinnamon and set aside.
5. Place steaks on grill (wash hands); close lid (or cover loosely with foil). Grill 4–5 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 145°F (for medium-rare). Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness. (Grills vary widely; adjust time as needed.) Let steaks stand 5 minutes before serving.
6. Cover yam patties (with lid or plastic wrap); microwave on HIGH 2 1/2–3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe-steaks) 460kcal; FAT 34g; CHOL 90mg; SODIUM 380mg; CARB 2g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 34g; VIT A 0%; VIT C 6%; CALC 6%; IRON 15%
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe-yam cakes) 300kcal; FAT 10g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 180mg; CARB 52g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 3g; VIT A 140%; VIT C 4%; CALC 2%; IRON 4%
8–10 sprigs fresh cilantro (rinsed)
1 lemon (rinsed)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
15 ounces canned sliced beets (drained)
1/4 cup pre-diced green onions
1. Chop cilantro finely using food chopper; place in medium bowl. Squeeze juice of lemon (1 1/2 tablespoons) into cilantro; stir in olive oil and salt until well blended.
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Add some chopped fresh cilantro to the steak marinade to add traditional South American flavor to the steak.
Recipe Version gril0037