Cheezy Sausage Bake
1 (12-ounce) package sausage patties
4 cups water
1 (16-ounce) package light processed bar cheese
2 1/2 cups elbow macaroni
20 reduced fat buttery-taste crackers
large zip-top bag
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Preheat large saucepan on medium-high for 2-3 minutes.
3. Place sausage in pan and cook 7-9 minutes, stirring frequently until sausage is brown, breaking meat up as it cooks. Drain meat (if needed) and return to pan.
4. Add water to sausage, increase heat to high and bring to boil.
5. Open cheese and cut into 1-inch cubes. Set aside.
6. When water boils, add pasta and return to boil. Boil 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Place crackers in zip-top bag and crush to make about 1 cup.
8. Add 2-3 cubes of cheese at a time to sausage and pasta mixture, stirring until melted and well blended.
9. Pour into 8-inch square baking dish. Top with crushed crackers.
10. Bake 12-15 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Season with salt and pepper. Serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
Honey Glazed Carrots
1 (16-ounce) bag baby carrots
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1. Place in microwave-safe bowl: carrots, butter, honey, seasoned salt and brown sugar.
2. Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from microwave and stir. Microwave additional 5 minutes. Serve.
Calories 778kcal; Fat 29g; Cholesterol 98mg; Carbohydrate 92g; Fiber 5g; Protein 21g; Sodium 2066mg
Daily Values: Vitamin A 486%; Vitamin C 11%; Calcium 84%; Iron 18%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Kids of all ages will have fun crushing the crackers. Be sure the bag is tightly sealed to avoid the possibility of crumbs going everywhere.