New England Clam Chowder
4 slices salt pork
2 cloves fresh garlic
1 (10-ounce) bag frozen seasoning blend (contains diced onions, green/red peppers, celery and parsley)
2 teaspoons chicken base
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups refrigerated diced potatoes with onions
1 (8-ounce) bottle clam juice
2 (6.5-ounce) cans chopped clams (undrained)
1 (16-ounce) container half and half
pinch of powered thyme
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons quick-mixing flour
1. Preheat large saucepan on medium-high for 2-3 minutes.
2. Dice salt pork into 1/4-inch cubes and add to saucepan. Cook 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Using garlic press, crush cloves into pan. Use knife to remove garlic from bottom of press.
4. Add seasoning blend, chicken base and pepper. Cook 4-5 minutes, or until onions are transparent, stirring occasionally.
5. Add potatoes and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add clam juice, clams, half and half, and thyme. Stir, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 12-15 minutes.
7. Place water and flour in small mixing bowl. Mix with fork until creamy.
8. Slowly pour mixture into soup while stirring. Simmer 4-5 minutes, stirring often. Serve.
1/4 cup whole milk
1 tablespoon whipped cream cheese spread
1 (5 1/2-ounce) package biscuit baking mix (1 1/4 cups)
2 tablespoons butter
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high for 2-3 minutes
2. Place milk and cream cheese in medium mixing bowl. Whisk together until blended.
3. Add baking mix and stir until dough is formed.
4. Place butter in pan and swirl to coat.
5. Using 2 spoons; scoop up dough with first spoon, use second spoon to scrape dough into sauté pan. Repeat with remaining dough to make 8 biscuits.
6. Cook 5 minutes, uncovered.
7. Turn biscuits and flatten slightly with spatula. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown and firm. Serve.
Calories 582kcal; Fat 32g; Cholesterol 76mg; Carbohydrate 55g; Fiber 3g; Protein 19g; Sodium 2513mg
Daily Values: Vitamin A 12%; Vitamin C 13%; Calcium 21%; Iron 9%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Recipe Version soup0043