Skillet Ravioli Pizza
1 1/2 cups water
1 (24-oz) package frozen small ravioli
1 tablespoon butter
1 3/4 cups marinara or pasta sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
20 pepperoni slices
- Combine water, ravioli, and butter in large sauté pan. Cover and bring to boil on high.
- Remove lid when boiling; reduce to medium-high. Cook 5–6 minutes, stirring often (to avoid pasta sticking) or until most of liquid is absorbed.
- Stir marinara sauce into ravioli; reduce to low. Cook 2–3 minutes, stirring constantly, or until pasta is hot and tender.
- Spread ravioli evenly into single layer. Sprinkle with cheese and arrange pepperoni slices over top. Cover and cook 3–4 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 390kcal; FAT 17g; CHOL 55mg; SODIUM 860mg; CARB 41g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 19g; VIT A 15%; VIT C 10%; CALC 30%; IRON 10%
Rainbow Rolls (Dessert "Sushi")
6 (22g) crispy rice treat bars
6 one-inch-wide fruit snack rolls
3-6 gummy worm candies (or fruit twists)
- Remove packaging from all ingredients. Unroll fruit snack rolls and cut length in half (knife may be plastic). Lay two halves side by side (about 1/8 inch apart). "Curled" end of fruit roll will be starting edge for roll. (Place on paper plate for ease in cleanup.)
- Cut rice treat bars in half lengthwise. Place 1 or 2 gummy worm candies or fruit twists down center of one rice treat half; top with remaining rice treat half and press together firmly. Lay rice treat across curled end of fruit strips.
- Form "sushi" by rolling fruit roll strips very tightly into a cylinder (or cigar) shape around the rice treat. Cut across middle of each roll to create two pieces, trimming ends if needed, so treats will stand on edge and show cross-section of roll. Just for fun, serve on sushi dishes, if available.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 260kcal; FAT 4.5g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 210mg; CARB 54g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 2g; VIT A 8%; VIT C 25%; CALC 0%; IRON 2%
- Complete your meal with fresh raw veggie and ranch dressing (for dipping), garlic bread, and lemonade.
- Make a new flavor next time. Top with ham and pineapple instead of pepperoni. Or add some black olives and Parmesan cheese.
Recipe Version R-11/11-0036