Pot Roast Stroganoff
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup pre-diced red onions
8 ounces pre-sliced baby portabella mushrooms
2 cups water
8 ounces egg noodles
1/4 cup roasted red peppers
1 package fully cooked beef pot roast (about 1 lb)
1/4 cup sour cream
1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place butter, onions, mushrooms, water, and noodles in large sauté pan; cover and bring to boil on medium-high.
- Remove cover when mixture begins to boil. Boil 5–6 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until most of liquid is absorbed. Meanwhile, cut red peppers into thin strips.
- Remove pot roast from packaging (reserve gravy). Cut meat into bite-size pieces. Stir pot roast, reserved gravy, red peppers, and sour cream into noodle mixture; cook 2–3 minutes (uncovered), stirring often, or until thoroughly heated. Season with pepper and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 460kcal; FAT 21g; CHOL 125mg;
SODIUM 500mg; CARB 42g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 28g;
VIT A 20%; VIT C 20%; CALC 4%; IRON 30%
1 (14-ounce) bag frozen broccoli florets
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup pre-diced red onions
2 teaspoons chopped garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 ounce Asiago cheese
- Fill medium saucepan half full of water. Cover and bring to a boil on high for broccoli.
- Stir broccoli into boiling water. Boil 3–4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until desired tenderness. Drain broccoli thoroughly.
- Return saucepan to stove; reduce to medium-high. Place olive oil in pan; swirl to coat. Add onions and garlic; cook 2–3 minutes to brown.
- Stir in broccoli until coated with oil. Cook 3–4 more minutes, stirring occasionally, until flavors are well blended. Season with salt and pepper; grate cheese (about 1 tablespoon) over broccoli and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 100kcal; FAT 7g; CHOL 0mg;
SODIUM 330mg; CARB 6g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 3g;
VIT A 20%; VIT C 60%; CALC 6%; IRON 4%
Utensils & Cookware
- large sauté pan with lid
- medium saucepan with lid
- cheese grater
- cooking spoons
- knife and cutting board
- measuring utensils
The portabella mushrooms add a rich mushroom flavor to this easy "comfort" meal.
Recipe Version beef0040