Mediterranean Ribeye Steaks
3 cups fresh spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
1 1/2 lb boneless beef ribeye steaks
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup pre-diced red onions
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- Chop spinach; place in microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover spinach; microwave on HIGH 2–3 minutes or until tender. Drain thoroughly.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium 2–3 minutes. Cut steaks into 4 portions; sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper (wash hands). Place butter in pan, then add steaks and onions; cook steaks 5–6 minutes on each side or until 145°F (for medium-rare). Stir feta cheese, bread crumbs, and tomato pesto into spinach.
- Spread 1/4 cup spinach mixture over top of steaks during last two minutes of steak cook time. Carefully turn steaks and spinach mixture over to heat topping; cook 1–2 more minutes or until golden and slightly crusty. Gently turn steaks over and serve.
NOTE: This topping may also be browned, using an oven broiler.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 400kcal; FAT 22g; CHOL 100mg; SODIUM 550mg; CARB 8g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 39g; VIT A 45%; VIT C 10%; CALC 8%; IRON 30%
Pierogies à la Vodka
1 (16-oz) package frozen potato/Cheddar pierogies
1 cup water
1 tablespoon butter
1 1/2 cups vodka pasta sauce
2 tablespoons pine nuts
1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Combine pierogies, water, and butter; cover and bring to boil on medium-high. Boil and stir 2–3 minutes.
- Remove lid; boil and stir 1–2 more minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed.
- Gently stir in pasta sauce; reduce heat to medium. Cook and stir 3–4 minutes or until hot and sauce begins to thicken. Stir in pine nuts and sprinkle with cheese; serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 340kcal; FAT 15g; CHOL 25mg; SODIUM 910mg; CARB 42g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 8g; VIT A 10%; VIT C 10%; CALC 10%; IRON 10%
- Complete your meal with fresh salad blend, garlic bread, and cheesecake for dessert.
- Want to grill instead? Grill steaks until close to desired doneness. Prepare feta topping and add to top of steaks during last few minutes of grill time.
Recipe Version beef0037