Cajun Catfish Po-Boy
1/4 cup thousand island-type sandwich spread
1/4 cup zesty cocktail sauce
1 tablespoon steak sauce
1 Bakery French bread loaf
1 large tomato
1/2 medium onion
2 cups shredded lettuce
1 1/2 pounds Cajun-flavor marinated catfish fillets
1. Preheat grill.
2. Combine sandwich spread, cocktail sauce and steak sauce in small mixing bowl. Whisk until creamy. Set aside.
3. Wash tomato and onion. Peel onion. Slice onion and tomato into thin slices. Set aside.
4. Slice bread in half lengthwise, leaving 1/2-inch uncut to hold top and bottom slices together.
5. Pour 1/4 cup of sauce over bottom half of bread.
6. Layer lettuce, tomatoes and onions over sauce and set aside.
7. Using tongs, place fish on grill. Close lid and grill 5 minutes. (If using regular grill, double cooking time, turning once.)
8. Place fish on top of onions. Pour remaining sauce over fish. Cut sandwich into 4 portions and serve.
Carrot Raisin Slaw
2 tablespoons green onions (1-2 onions)1/4 cup raisins
1 (8-ounce) bag shredded carrots
1/2 cup coleslaw dressing
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Wash onions and remove any wilted portions. Chop enough green onions into 1/4-inch pieces to measure 2 tablespoons, including up to half of green tops.
2. Mix all ingredients together in medium mixing bowl. Serve.
Calories 712kcal; Fat 30g; Cholesterol 115mg; Carbohydrate 87g; Fiber 5g; Protein 26g; Sodium 2409mg
Daily Values: Vitamin A 247%; Vitamin C 13%; Calcium 3%; Iron 22%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
If using a regular grill, slice a potato in half and rub grill rack with raw potato. The starch creates a great non-stick surface.
Recipe Version soup0047