3/4 pound 93% lean ground beef
1/4 cup frozen diced onions
1 (1.25-ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
1 (4 1/2-ounce) can chopped green chilies (drained)
4 Bakery white flat bread rounds
1 medium tomato
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup shredded lettuce
1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
4 teaspoons sliced black olives (drained)
1. Place large sauté pan on high heat. Place beef, onions, taco seasoning and green chilies in pan. Brown ground beef 5-7 minutes until meat is brown and no pink remains. Stir frequently and break up meat as it cooks.
2. Place flat breads on microwave-safe plate (may be paper) and microwave on high for 30 seconds, or until softened.
3. Wash and dice tomato.
4. Spread 1 tablespoon sour cream over each bread. Sprinkle each with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes and olives.
5. Divide meat mixture evenly. Fold in half and serve.
Cheese and Tomato Nachos
1 (8-ounce) package processed bar cheese
1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
72 white corn tortilla chips (about 2/3 bag)
1. Place cheese in microwave-safe bowl.
2. Drain liquid from tomatoes by squeezing lid against tomatoes and add to cheese. Cover and set aside.
3. Microwave on high 2 1/2 minutes, or until melted, stirring halfway through cook time.
4. Serve with tortilla chips. (Makes 8 servings.)
Calories 735kcal; Fat 34g; Cholesterol 91mg; Carbohydrate 67g; Fiber 6g; Protein 37g; Sodium 1876mg
Daily Values: Vitamin A 16%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 38%; Iron 29%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Try this easy-to-carry meal for a delicious bag lunch. Use beef mixture and toppings with the cheese dip to make beefy nachos.
Recipe Version swst0015