Bruschetta Chicken Over Risotto
1/4 cup roasted red peppers
1/2 cup baby arugula leaves
4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
1 (8-oz) package risotto Milanese mix
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1/2 cup fresh diced tomatoes
1/4 cup lite olive oil vinaigrette
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
4 (5-oz) Italian herb chicken breasts
2 teaspoons roasted garlic
- Chop peppers, arugula, and cheese into small pieces.
- Prepare risotto following package instructions, using 1 tablespoon olive oil instead of butter.
- Combine tomatoes, vinaigrette, peppers, arugula, cheese, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium 2–3 minutes. Combine breadcrumbs and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese in shallow bowl. Coat both sides of chicken with breadcrumbs; press with fingertips to evenly coat (wash hands). Place 1 tablespoon oil in pan, then add chicken and cover; cook 5–7 minutes on each side or until golden and 165°F.
- Stir garlic and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese into risotto and cover. Cook and stir 2–3 more minutes until rice is creamy and tender. Top chicken with tomato mixture and serve over risotto.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 520kcal; FAT 18g; CHOL 85mg; SODIUM 1970mg; CARB 46g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 38g; VIT A 20%; VIT C 30%; CALC 15%; IRON 15%
- Complete your meal with a crusty baguette and chocolate cake for dessert.
- Serve the bruschetta topping on crusty bread for a delicious addition to any meal.
Recipe Version poul0062