Deli Party Buffet
Total Time - Various / Makes Various Servings
- These appetizers work well together or individually.
- Here are some tips about how to organize your preparation.
- About an hour before serving, prepare chicken and begin to bake.
- While chicken bakes, prepare dip.
- Complete chicken and return to oven (along with dip) to keep warm.
- Prepare mini bruschettas; place in oven to keep warm.
- Arrange buffet, with platters you can pick up at Publix, including sandwiches, sliced meat and cheese, fresh fruit, and cut vegetables.
- Finish with one or more dessert platters and a colorful floral centerpiece.
- Once the last recipe is in the oven, you may still have a little time to take care of those last-minute details.
Easy Buffalo Wings
2 pounds Deli fried chicken wings/drummettes
1/4 cup Buffalo wing sauce (or 1/2–1 cup for hotter sauce)
1/4 cup garlic and herb butter
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
celery ribs and blue cheese dressing, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange chicken in single layer on baking sheet. Bake 12–15 minutes or until crisp and hot.
- Combine in microwave-safe bowl, 1/4 cup wing sauce (for mild), butter, and Worcestershire sauce. (Increase wing sauce to 1/2 cup for medium or 1 cup for hot.) Microwave on HIGH 30–60 seconds or until butter is melted. Whisk mixture until well blended.
- If preparing ahead of time, reduce heat at end of bake time to 200°F. Drizzle sauce over chicken or reserve sauce to serve for dipping instead. Return to oven to keep warm up to 30 minutes. Serve with blue cheese dressing and celery.
Prepare additional sauce of each heat level for dipping.
Hot Party Dip
2 (16-ounce) containers Deli artichoke and spinach dip
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
8 round buttery type crackers
assorted crackers (for dipping)
- Place artichoke and spinach dip in ovenproof microwave-safe dish. Microwave on HIGH 4 minutes.
- Stir dip; top with cheese. Crush crackers while sprinkling over top of dip. Microwave on HIGH 4 more minutes or until thoroughly heated. Let stand 5 minutes before serving (or place in 200°F oven to keep warm up to 20 minutes). Serve with assorted crackers for dipping.
Preparation and cooking time is 15 minutes and makes 10 servings.
2 tablespoons garlic and herb butter
8 mini bagels
1/4 cup olive tapenade
2 tablespoons shredded Asiago cheese
Alternate topping: sweet onions/peppers relish, diced pepperoni
- Place garlic butter in microwave-safe bowl; microwave on HIGH 30–40 seconds or until melted. Preheat large sauté pan on medium heat 2–3 minutes.
- Separate bagels into two halves. Brush butter over cut side of bagels; place 8, with buttered side down, in pan. Cook 2–3 minutes until lightly browned.
- Turn bagels and top each with 1 teaspoon tapenade; sprinkle with a bit of cheese. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 3–4 minutes or until heated and cheese melts. Arrange on serving tray (or on baking sheet; place in 200°F oven to keep warm up to 20 minutes). Complete remaining bagels. Serve.
Onion and Pepperoni Bruschettas: Prepare bagels as noted above. Top with 1/4 cup onions/peppers relish; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons diced pepperoni. Complete as noted.
Preparation and cooking time is 20 minutes and makes 16 mini bruschettas.
Utensils & Cookware
- large sauté pan with lid
- baking sheets
- microwave-safe bowls
- ovenproof microwave-safe dish
- basting brush
- spatula, whisk
- cooking spoons
- measuring utensils
Stop by your neighborhood Publix for Deli platters, beverages and your other party needs.
Recipe Version apet0008