Hearty Grilled Steak Salad
1/2 cup red wine vinegar/olive oil vinaigrette, divided large zip-top bag
1 1/2 lb grilling steaks (such as top sirloin, ribeye, or strip)
1 bag spring mix salad blend (5–7 oz)
1 seedless cucumber
1 pint grape tomatoes
1 cup fresh sugar snap peas (snip ends, if needed)
4 ounces fresh pre-sliced mushrooms
2 ounces pre-sliced red onions (2–3 slices)
1/2 cup garlic ginger wonton strips
- Preheat grill on medium-high. Place 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette in a large zip-top bag. Add steaks (wash hands); seal bag tightly and squeeze to evenly coat steaks. Let stand 10 minutes to marinate.
- Place meat on grill (wash hands) and discard remaining marinade; close lid (or cover loosely with foil). Grill 4–8 minutes on each side, depending on thickness, or until internal temperature reaches 145°F (for medium-rare). Grills vary widely. Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure desired doneness; adjust time as needed.
- Meanwhile, place spring mix in salad bowl; rinse all vegetables. Cut one-half of the cucumber into bite-size pieces; add to salad with tomatoes and sugar snap peas.
- Cut steak diagonally into very thin slices and arrange over salad. Top with mushrooms, onions, and wonton strips. Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup vinaigrette over salad and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 325kcal; FAT 10g; CHOL 91mg; SODIUM 1111mg; CARB 16g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 39g; VIT A 38%; VIT C 36%; CALC 13%; IRON 24%
Summer Fruit Trifle
1 (16-ounce) Bakery loaf pound cake
1/2 cup strawberry syrup, divided
2 fresh (or frozen) peaches (rinsed)
6 (4-ounce) cups prepared banana (or vanilla) pudding
1 cup fresh (or frozen) raspberries (rinsed)
2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Cut one-half of the pound cake into slices and cut into small cubes; place in trifle or dessert bowl. (Reserve other half of pound cake for another use.) Drizzle with 1/4 cup of the strawberry syrup.
- Slice peaches in half, remove pit and cut into bite-size pieces; arrange evenly over bread cubes. Spoon pudding over peaches, using back of spoon to level pudding.
- Sprinkle raspberries over pudding. Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup strawberry syrup. Spoon whipped topping over raspberries. Cover and chill until ready to serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 420kcal; FAT 15g; CHOL 30mg; SODIUM 310mg; CARB 66g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 6g; VIT A 8%; VIT C 15%; CALC 15%; IRON 6%
Utensils & Cookware
Utensils and Cookware
grill, grilling tongs
trifle or dessert bowl
knife and cutting board
- A trifle tastes best when the ingredients have time for flavors to blend, so this one can be made a day ahead.
Recipe Version soup0070