Chicken Barbecue Sandwiches
1 pound chicken tenderloins
2 slices fully-cooked bacon
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1 cup shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
8 slices Bakery multi-grain bread
1. Preheat large sauté pan 2–3 minutes on medium-high. Cut chicken and bacon into bite-size pieces. Wash hands.
2. Place oil in pan and swirl to coat. Add chicken and bacon, using tongs, to pan; sprinkle with garlic pepper and cook 5–6 minutes, stirring often, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 170°F. While chicken cooks, toast bread.
3. Reduce heat to medium; stir barbecue sauce and cheese into chicken mixture. Cook 1–2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Spoon chicken mixture over half of bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 384kcal; FAT 17g; CHOL 94mg; SODIUM 1049mg; CARB 43g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 40g; VIT A 9%; VIT C 3%; CALC 23%; IRON 15%
Black-Eyed Pea Salad
1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
1 tablespoon basil herb paste
1 (15.5-ounce) can black-eyed peas (drained and rinsed)
1/3 cup pre-diced fresh tomatoes
1/4 cup pre-diced red onions
1/4 cup pre-diced green peppers
1. Combine dressing and herb paste in medium bowl. Stir in peas, tomatoes, onions and green peppers.
2. Cut avocado into quarters; remove skin, and cut into small pieces (about 3/4 cup); add to salad. Toss well to mix; serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 238kcal; FAT 13g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 624mg; CARB 21g; FIBER 5g; PROTEIN 8g; VIT A 9%; VIT C 116%; CALC 3%; IRON 2%
Utensils & Cookware
- large sauté pan
- medium bowl, colander
- tongs, cooking spoons
- meat thermometer
- knife and cutting board
- measuring utensils
Add fresh, grown-up flavor to the sandwiches with avocado slices and chopped cilantro.
Recipe Version soup0068